Information about this support site and about the e-books for FE service
This site gives support and guidance with how to use Jisc’s e-Books for FE service, via guides, lists, FAQs and key links. Information is a collation of information from Jisc staff, ProQuest staff and resources and Jisc Collections guidance and information.
A collection of e-books in a range of subjects at academic levels appropriate to teaching in FE in the UK. The e-books are selected for their relevance and currency and are mapped to the curriculum. The e-books we offer can help students to succeed with their learning; this is because the e-books:
- Are collections of curriculum-mapped e-books – covering not only BTEC, A-Level, NVQ/SVQ and Cache courses, but also GCSE, WJEC and Highers; selected with the support of the FE community
- Are up to date, with collections continuously supplemented and refreshed to reflect changes in curricula and to keep content current. The content is licensed in close consultation with the FE community
- Cover a wide range of subjects; from business to psychology, construction to engineering, sport to health and social care. The collection also includes English and Maths textbooks and workbooks – helping support the requirement for students to resit these subjects.
- Allow concurrent access, so students can always access a copy of a textbook in the collection, at the point of need, without having to wait for another student to finish with it
- Offer access to learning, helping students develop and improve digital skills
- Can be accessed from anywhere; on laptops, tablet devices and smartphones
Accessibility Contacts Cookies Jisc FE Services Meet the team Privacy statement