Ebook Central® platform hosts the Jisc e-books for FE collection. Each subscribing institution will be provided with a unique URL to the e-books for FE core collection.
Some of the key features of Ebook Central® are listed below:
Search across all your Ebook Central® content
- Extensive details within the Table of Contents and description help patrons gauge the relevancy of the e-book
- Real-time availability indicates the status of the title based on library settings such as immediately available, in use, or available upon request; also noted is the number of copies held by the library. All of the live e-books for FE collections are available all the time.
- Read online or download a chapter or the entire book for offline use
- Work in your preferred language with on-the-fly translations for the Ebook Central® interface and related email alerts
- Choose from 9 languages including Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish
ProQuest Ebook Central® Reader
- Read the e-book or view the Table of Contents with seamless scrolling or flipping through pages
- Search for keywords across the entire e-book and see the pages and the frequency with which the search terms appear
- Instantly cite the e-book in the format of your choice
- Annotate by highlighting in 3 colors, bookmarking pages, or creating notes tied to a specific passage, or the entire page
- Reminders of how many e-books are downloaded or on loan, and days remaining
- Organise your e-books into folders
- Export notes and generate citations for e-books
- Collaborate with others by sharing a book or entire folder of books with others
Support for mobile devices
- Designed for tablets, enabling easy searching, reading and bookshelf usage in both portrait and landscape modes
- Search and download e-books available in ePub format to read on your tablet or smart phone
- For smartphones, the mobile-optimised design supports features more heavily used such as search and download
- Offline reading with the independent Bluefire Reader for mobile (available for free for iOS in the App store and for Android in Google Play)
Ebook central overview and searching – Ebook Central® overview and searching
Ebook central reader – Ebook Central® reader
Ebook Central bookshelf – Ebook Central® bookshelf
Ebook central downloads – Ebook Central® downloads
Take a look at the Ebook Central Libguide to find out everything there is to know about the Ebook Central platform such as, searching, book details, reading online, annotations, downloading titles, bookshelf and accessibility.
ProQuest Ebook Central brochure
Brochure filled with the specifications, features and benefits of the Ebook Central platform that e-books for FE runs on.
Download the brochure