Staying up to date though JiscMail
Join our e-books for FE service JiscMail, please subscribe to our e-books for FE JiscMail list
JiscMail is, at its most basic level, a group mailing list (or electronic discussion list). Everyone on the group shares a common interest and they use email to talk to each other. Belonging to a group is rather like sitting in on a discussion – you can join in the talk, start a discussion, or simply listen.
A group can serve a variety of purposes. It may be used to discuss work with other academics, share news, collaborate on projects and publications, announce conferences, arrange meetings or just to keep in touch with colleagues in your subject area. There are various tools to help you organise meetings, create surveys, store your files or bookmark your favourite content. For more information on JiscMail visit the website.
Guidance is available on the following topics:
JiscMail groups for this service
This Jiscmail list has historically been used to announce all forthcoming Jisc collections agreements or negotiations; publicise supplementary material created by publishers; offer free trials; get feedback on new resources or sector deals; and make members aware of technical updates to Jisc Collections
Going forward, the e-books for FE JiscMail group will be focused solely on discussion of Jisc’s e-books for FE service, such as:
- Sharing best practice from organisations around the use of e-books for FE
- Discussion around embedding e-books into learning and teaching
- Updates on the service, changes to collections and procurement activity
- Sharing of usage figures
This group will be to:
- Share updates to the FES sector regarding any of Jisc’s current FES services which include: Hairdressing training, Health and Social care training and Citizen Maths. Please note, there is a specific JiscMail group for e-books for FE, separate from this central one
- Find updates on potential additions to Jisc’s digital resource offer for the FES sector
- Share best practice, tips and guidance with each other, around embedding digital resources from Jisc into their learning and teaching
- Seek support and guidance from our team and from each other
- Receive updates on up and coming third party provisions from Jisc Collections
- Provide and seek information on upcoming content
- Give input into Jisc’s forthcoming negotiations around the provisions and deals, with providers of digital content and offer free trials
- Inform colleges about technical updates to Jisc Collections
All Jisc members in the FE and skills sector are encouraged to join this group. We welcome you to get involved in discussion, debate and collaboration; working with peers, experts, partners and our team. This list is to enhance and augment the use of digital resources in UK FE and skills sector.